Job Title: |
LTD Appeals Specialist
Mt Prospect, IL
- Conducts timely reviews and analyses of adverse benefit determinations on long-term disability claim files received on appeal and renders final determinations in accordance with ERISA laws and regulations.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
- Conducts reviews and analyses of denied and terminated disability claims for accuracy of determinations by taking into consideration contract provisions, medical, vocational, and employment information.
- Identifies questionable aspects of the claim to determine the need for additional information, taking into consideration contract provisions and medical and vocational evidence of the claim.
- Conducts timely reviews in accordance and compliance with the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA).
- Responds to inquiries in a timely manner.
- Prepares clear and concise written correspondence with claimants, policyholders, and attorneys in a timely manner.
- Tracks and reports information via the Appeal Tracking Database.
- Identifies opportunities and issues for ongoing improvement of the process.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or required.
- Must have 3-5 years LTD experience
- Good organizational skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Good communication skills
Number of Openings
Equal Employment Opportunity
MetLife is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
How To Apply
For immediate consideration, click on the Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which may take 15 – 20 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
This is the place to be to make an impact with an award-winning team that always puts its customers first. MetLife is taking giant strides...