Job Title: |
LTD Appeals Specialist
Mt Prospect, IL
- Conducts timely reviews and analyses of adverse benefit determinations on long-term disability claim files received on appeal and renders final determinations in accordance with ERISA laws and regulations.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
- Conducts reviews and analyses of denied and terminated disability claims for accuracy of determinations by taking into consideration contract provisions, medical, vocational, and employment information.
- Identifies questionable aspects of the claim to determine the need for additional information, taking into consideration contract provisions and medical and vocational evidence of the claim.
- Conducts timely reviews in accordance and compliance with the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA).
- Responds to inquiries in a timely manner.
- Prepares clear and concise written correspondence with claimants, policyholders, and attorneys in a timely manner.
- Tracks and reports information via the Appeal Tracking Database.
- Identifies opportunities and issues for ongoing improvement of the process.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or required.
- Must have 3-5 years LTD experience
- Good organizational skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Good communication skills
Number of Openings
Equal Employment Opportunity
MetLife is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
How To Apply
For immediate consideration, click on the Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which may take 15 – 20 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
MetLife - 13 months ago
The breadth of careers at MetLife offers unlimited possibilities for your professional life. More than life insurance. Much more. MetLife is...