Works as a junior software test engineer in the LTE System Verification Team
Main Responsibility Area
Plans, designs and executes LTE system verification according to given specifications. Produces process-based deliverables such as test results and found defects. Gets acquainted with the tools, methods of working and processes required for system verification. Is responsible for sharing knowledge in their expertise area. Learns how to estimate work amounts in own area. Gives input to process development. Solves engineering problems possibly with support from other team members.
-Verify call processing and network management operational functionality of the system and the lab test equipment to determine that the lab is enabled and functioning correctly.
-Participate in manual test case creation, test case updates, and test case execution.
- Create various specialized software programs and applications that are used in logging test data and monitoring test progress.
- Review and analyze test data to assess that the measured performance meets or exceeds requirements.
- Engage in problem investigation and debugging techniques in alignment with customer techniques in the field, and assist in resolving software and hardware defects that impact system functionality. Problems will be worked thru from instantiation to resolution with an experienced test engineer and/or LTE Systems Engineering. Resolution of software defects will be accomplished through the SR process.
- Isolate an issue and categorize it in the following three categories – Test Environment (initiate corrective action), System defect (open SR), Tester error (initiate corrective action).
- Optimize the test environment to enhance coverage and effectiveness, and reduce cost and cycle time.
- Coursework and some experience/exposure to 3G and 4G Telecomm
- Prefer some experience/exposure to performance testing in 3G or 4G Telecomm
- Competance in Unix
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Nokia Siemens Networks - 10 months ago
Nokia Siemens Networks is a European company, provider of data networking and telecommunications equipment. It is a joint venture between...