Works as a software test engineer in the LTE System Verification Team.
Main Responsibility Area
Overall responsibility of specific functional areas of test. Plans, designs and executes items in these test areas. Contributes to specification reviews. Works according to given tasks. Participates in work amounts estimation in own area. Consults, supports and guides own team’s external interfaces. Is responsible for sharing knowledge in his/her expertise area. Gives input to process development. Performs problem isolation and resolution.
Applies knowledge and experience to determine root cause.
- Verify call processing and network management operational functionality of the system and the lab test equipment to determine that the lab is enabled and functioning correctly.
- Participate in manual test case creation, test case updates, and test case execution.
- Create various specialized software programs and applications that are used in logging test data and monitoring test progress.
- Review and analyze test data to assess that the measured performance meets or exceeds requirements.
- Engage in problem investigation and debugging techniques in alignment with customer techniques in the field, and assist in resolving software and hardware defects that impact system functionality. Problems will be worked thru from instantiation to resolution with an experienced test engineer and/or LTE Systems Engineering. Resolution of software defects will be accomplished through the SR process.
- Isolate an issue and categorize it in the following three categories – Test Environment (initiate corrective action), System defect (open SR), Tester error (initiate corrective action).
- Optimize the test environment to enhance coverage and effectiveness, and reduce cost and cycle time.
- 2+ years experience in 4G System Level Verification
- Prefer some experience/exposure to performance testing in 3G or 4G Telecomm
- 2+ years Unix experience
- Familiarity with Perl, CGI, Style sheets, Ajax, Web development
- Statistical Analysis (Applying Control chart principles, regression analysis)
- Linux internals and transport experience
- Ability to lead aspects of system verification in certain functional areas from strategy through execution and completion
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Nokia Siemens Networks - 18 months ago
Nokia Siemens Networks is a European company, provider of data networking and telecommunications equipment. It is a joint venture between...