Delivers hazardous and non-hazardous industrial waste materials and products, to and from destination, driving company vehicles in accordance with DOT regulations and PSC policies, practices, and procedures.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Labels, marks, and manifests shipments in accordance with applicable DOT regulations and PSC policies, practices and procedures.
- Loads shipment onto trucks appropriately.
- Interacts with customer regarding job status, client requirements, and assures customer satisfaction
- Operates vehicle safely at all times.
- Maintains a current drivers license, or CDL as required.
- Obtains a license for the state of residence within 90 days.
- Safely transports hazardous & non-hazardous waste while operating company vehicles.
- Completes a vehicle inspection report to assure vehicles and equipment are safe to operate before leaving company premises.
- CDL drivers assure brake adjustment inspections are completed prior to use.
- Maintains a drivers log as required to assure compliance with all regulations.
- Operates and maintains trucks and equipment per manufactures recommendations.
- Does not modify any vehicle or piece of equipment without written permission from the manufacturer and PSC management.
- Obeys all traffic laws and regulations when operating and driving company vehicle.
- Trained on the installation, operation, and repairs of mechanical devices such as pumps, valves, PTO’s etc.
- May troubleshoot equipment and make minor repairs as long as they have the knowledge to complete the task safely.
- Wears personal protective equipment as required by PSC, DOT, OSHA, and customer regulations.
- Trained on the proper use of all PPE required to do the work safely.
- Immediately reports all accidents, near misses, and injuries involving employee or others while operating company vehicles/equipment to the Safety Manager over the area.
- Recommends changes and improvements to safety and services based on job experience & observations.
- Verifies that the load, tools, equipment, and materials are secured properly before transporting begins.
- Answers calls at night and weekends as necessary.
- Performs other duties when assigned.
- Knowledge of DOT regulations
JOB RELATED EXPERIENCE:
- CDL class A or B license in good standing with Hazmat endorsement
- Compliance with Drug policy.
- Compliance with Background checking policy.
- Compliance with DOT physical requirements.
- Possess all required I-9 documentation.
- Must meet HazMat endorsement criteria
DEMONSTRATED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- 6 months - 2 or more years driving experience
- Ability to conform to work hours.
- Operational knowledge of tools, equipment and tasks identified in this job description.
- Hazardous Waste management required documentation knowledge
- On Call 24/7.
- Ability to report to work within one hour of receiving call to work.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. 101350
PSC - 21 months ago
If you've messed with Mother Nature, you should call PSC (which takes it name from its former title -- Philip Services Corporation, and...