1. Be able to perform all nursing duties according to state nursing protocols as best practice, established by the Texas Board of Nurse Examiners for Licensed Vocational Nurses and Registered Nurses, including but not limited to transcribing and implementing physician's orders, developing and maintaining an accurate MARS for each resident, and carrying out all treatment orders as directed by the physician.
2. Be familiar with and be able to provide supervision and training to direct care staff administration of medications for each resident.
3. Participate as a member of the Interdisciplinary Team when appropriate.
4. Be able to monitor and implement health care plans for each resident as prescribed by their physician and within best practice nursing guidelines.
5. Insure required facility documentation and reporting completed in a timely manner.
6. Be compliant with maintaining documentation of controlled drugs that may be available to include timely reconciliation of all scheduled drugs used in the facility through facility's policy and procedures.
7. Communicate with pharmacies on ordering prescription medications, check medication deliveries for accuracy and compliance with doctor's orders.
8. Maintain adequate medication supplies for each ICF-MR resident.
9. Coordinate residents to health care appointments including doctor's visits, dental
checkups, therapies, tests, and other procedures.
10. Complete daily, bi-weekly, weekly, bi-monthly, monthly, and yearly nursing duties
as assigned by the Program Director, including but not limited to charting,
scheduling of appointments, routine observations, wellness checks, and immunizations.
11. Provide initial medical screening for new residents in care.
12. Administer TB and immunizations for residents in care.
13. Assist Medical Care Coordinator with submission of Treatment Authorization Requests (TARs)
14. Other duties as assigned
15. Ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal in both English and Spanish
16. Computer skills required
BCFS - 12 months ago
BCFS is a global health and human services non-profit organization with locations and programs in the United States as well as Eastern...