Under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse, the LVN provides direct nursing care in accordance with the laws governing nursing practice.
- Ensures that scope of duties and services provided are consistent and within the guidelines of the state nursing practice act.
- Demonstrates knowledge of individual patients’/residents’ histories, current progress and treatment goals.
- Demonstrates ability to make appropriate nursing decisions when assessing patients/residents.
- Complies with established medication policies and procedures.
- Effectively operates and troubleshoots commonly utilized equipment.
- Completes all required documentation in a timely manner.
- Receives telephones orders from the mid-level Practitioner and completes orders per established policies and procedures.
- Reassess patients per established policies and procedures to identify progress and trends that require intervention or reporting to the Mid-Level Practitioner.
- Demonstrates ability to perform basic drug calculations.
- Participates in rounds when appropriate.
- Accepts patient assignments as directed by the Registered Nurse.
- Coordinates care with ancillary clinical departments to provide optimal patient care.
- Coordinates and oversees care delivered by LSA’s.
- Ensures patient weights are performed and documented for patients as ordered
- Enhances professional growth by attending seminars or further educational opportunities.
- Actively seeks out opportunities for professional advancement.
- Participates in orientation of new employees.
- Ability to recognize changes in patient status with implementation of appropriate interventions.
- Verbalizes the Licensed Vocational Nurse role in patient emergency situations and cardiopulmonary arrest.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
§ Licensed Vocational Nurse in the State in which providing care.
§ Preferred minimum of at least two (1) year experience in acute/post acute hospital setting.
§ Maintain current licensure as a Licensed Vocational Nurse in the State in which performing duties.
§ Maintain current certification in good standing during employment.
§ Attends aggressive behavioral management training as required by the facility.
In 1992, Nexus Health Systems embarked on a mission to create specialized healthcare environments where patients could receive treatment and...