(This list may not include all of the duties assigned.)
1. Assess patient’s general condition and takes vital signs.
2. Greets patients and prepares them for physician examination. Screens patients for appropriation information.
3. Documents all activities/interventions, patient/family responses, medication dispensed/prescribed, etc., in the medical record.
4. Administers prescribed medications.
5. Collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure effective and efficient patient care.
6. Maintains exam rooms for necessary supplies and materials. Ensures cleanliness.
7. May prepare equipment and aid physician during treatment, examination and testing of patients.
8. May be asked to act as a department resource and coordinate nursing care for patients.
9. Promotes wellness by providing patient education materials, communicating physician advice/instructions.
10. Maintains strict patient confidentiality in compliance with HIPAA.
11. Must thoroughly understand and follow established policy and procedure with regard to basic patient care.
12. Participates in department quality improvement, clinic safety, infection control and hazardous materials programs and activities.
13. May start and maintain intravenous fluid therapy or perform venous blood withdrawl. (Note: for IV therapy administration and blood withdrawl must have completed the thirty (30) hour Basic IV program approved by the State of California).
36 Hours Per Week
Must have a valid license in the State of California as a Licensed Vocational Nurse with IV Therapy certification. Current CPR certification at time of hire. (ACLS and PALS may be required for specific departments. i.e. Pediatrics and Urgent Care). New graduates are welcome however a minimum of one (1) to two (2) years LVN experience in a clinic setting is preferred. Requires passing the RN/LVN and Clerical competency examination with a score of 85% on each.
Sansum Clinic is one of the county's oldest and largest medical foundations providing advanced technology and a quality environment for the...