Under general supervision, provides direct patient care in accordance with established treatment plans.
- Performs general nursing care to patients by following established standards and procedures.
- Obtains patient consent for care and ensures patient confidentiality.
- Obtains and documents health history, information on chief complaint, vital signs, and health risk factors and assesses disease condition.
- Provides patient care based on practice guidelines, standards of care, and federal/state laws and regulations.
- Executes prescribed treatments and medical interventions, administers prescribed medications, and monitors and documents treatment progress and patient response
- Educates patients and families about health status, health maintenance, and management of acute and chronic conditions.
- Documents patient assessment and intervention data using established medical record forms/automated systems and documentation practices.
- Tracks quality assurance data and monitors for acute and chronic care management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Candidates must be a graduate from an accredited Practical/Vocational Nurse program. Must have a current LVN license from the Texas Board of Nursing or valid Compact LVN license. Clinic experience preferred. Current CPR certification required. 2 years experience.EKG experience helpful.
- Knowledge of nursing processes; health care systems, structure, and functions; and community resources. Understanding of health care technology, equipment, and supplies. Familiarity with state law on nursing care, nurse practice guidelines, and clinic policies and procedures.
- Ability to effectively communicate to staff and patients.
- Demonstrate sound judgment and composure with the ability to take appropriate action in questionable or emergency situations.
- Maintain a positive, caring attitude towards patients.
- Possess a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism.
Texas Health Medsynergies (THM) - 10 months ago