The Licensed Vocational Nurse provides skilled, technical nursing care and services to patients according to a plan of care established by the Provider. Current CPR required.
A current California license, to practice as a Licensed Vocational Nurse. Appropriate nursing practice/experience. Has the ability to read, speak and write English in order to perform duties of the position. Will demonstrate current competencies and certifications required by each specific department. Ability to: To work as a team member to meet team goals and objectives. Work effectively under multiple demands and adjust priorities as circumstances require to meet nursing/staffing needs of the department. Maintain a high degree of accuracy and precision on a consistent basis in the performance of nursing procedures. Treat co-workers, physicians, patients/families, visitors, and the public with dignity and respect. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all hospital staff. Maintain patient confidentiality. Work a flexible schedule and be willing to work additional hours if needed for the provision of quality patient care.
Physically be able to stand, stoop and lift. Able to walk and stand at least 50% of the shift. Good manual dexterity and visual and auditory acuity.
1. Observes patients’ physical, psychosocial, and cultural needs considering diagnosis, age, care setting, desire for care, and response to care plan
2. Assists RN with planning, collaborating with other members of the healthcare team.
3. Delivers competent care as required by patient, plan of care, and care setting, collaborating with other members of the healthcare team
4. Observes patient’s responses to care.
5. Provides interactive patient/family education.
6. Communicates effectively with all members of the healthcare team.
7. Documents according to policy/procedure, standards, and guidelines.
8. Participates in improving organization performance.
This position is represented by Service Employees International Union, Local 250, and is covered by the terms and conditions of the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Woodland Healthcare, a Dignity Health member has served Northern California for over 100 years.
Woodland Healthcare is a premier, fully integrated healthcare delivery system, including an acute care hospital (108 licensed beds), a multi-specialty physician practice (100 providers) and an outpatient Surgery Center that serves Yolo County with a service area population of 180,000. The area, including Woodland, Davis and other towns, feature affordable housing and excellent quality of life within 30 minutes of Sacramento and in close proximity to San Francisco, California’s wine country, and Lake Tahoe.
Dignity Health - 18 months ago
With a growing network of hospitals throughout Arizona, California and Nevada, Dignity Health offers a spectacular array of career...