Schedule : Rotating hours; M-F 10am - 6:30pm and M-F 7am - 3:30pm. Must be flexible to rotate shifts, branch locations, weekends and holidays as needed.
Performs routine unregulated laboratory tasks as directed.
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the duties and responsibilities performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
- Receives and processes samples to determine suitability
- Prepares and maintains laboratory records and blood shipping forms
- Issues blood and blood components
- Inspects blood units returned from hospitals and determines suitability
- Maintains component inventory to include recall and inventory lookback
- Centrifuges whole blood to produce various components
- Modifies blood components
- Performs unregulated laboratory testing such as pH and bacterial culturing
- Performs quality control as directed
- Participates in the ongoing monitoring for each testing process to identify errors or potential problems leading to errors and takes effective and preventive corrective actions when indicated
- Cleans and maintains laboratory equipment, supplies and laboratory.
- Utilizes computer system to obtain necessary data .
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or equivalent.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND DESIGNATIONS:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to organize work for timely completion
- Ability to follow complex oral and written instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to read, write and speak English effectively
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Basic computer skills
- Skill in operating office equipment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Ability to periodically perform moderately physically demanding work, usually involving lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling moderately heavy objects and materials (up to 50 pounds). (Tasks that require moving objects of significant weight require the assistance of another person and/or use of proper techniques and moving equipment.)Tasks may involve some climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, prolonged sitting or standing.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Functions are regularly performed inside and/or outside with potential for exposure to adverse conditions, such as dirt, dust, pollen, odors, fumes and/or poor ventilation, wetness, humidity, rain, temperature and noise extremes, machinery and/or moving vehicles, vibrations, electric currents, animals/wildlife, toxic/poisonous agents, gases or chemicals, oils and other cutting fluids, violence and/or disease, or pathogenic substances.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF UNDERSTANDING:
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
OneBlood, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with United States Equal Employment Opportunity guidelines and the Americans with Disabilities Act, OneBlood, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
OneBlood - 6 months ago