- Candidate will assist a team of research biologists in conducting experiments to test new insecticides (chemicals and biologicals) for crop insect pests.
- Role involves participating in laboratory, greenhouse, and field evaluation of novel insect control technology conducted by a Insecticide New technology and Biological Testing team.
- Duties include preparation and set up of experiments (including equipment, plants, and insects), evaluation of trials, and site maintenance after trials have been initiated.
- Work will be under direct supervision of the company's research scientists within Global Insecticide Research.
- Responsibilities will include: preparation & handling of test insects and plants, weighing chemicals and biologicals, mixing solutions & making dilutions, applying pesticides, infesting plants & test vials with insects (aphids, whiteflies, caterpillars, etc.), conducting evaluations (dead vs. live insect counts), entering data into Excel accurately, assisting with special requests and general housekeeping.
- Occasional weekend work may be required.