The Lab Assistant is responsible for the accessioning, processing, and distribution of laboratory specimens; responding to customer inquiries and relaying information to customers in a professional manner; performs specified laboratory testing and instrument operation.
- Assesses specimen suitability and requisition completion to facilitate specimen processing.
- Follows up on all problems with appropriate documentation; utilizes all available resources to assume optimum outcome and minimal customer dissatisfaction.
- Participates in inventory of supplies and materials.
- Participate in improvement methods.
- Recognizes and promotes interdependencies with other areas of the laboratory.
- Provides information to requestors in a pleasant and prompt manner.
- Practices safety policies to maintain a safe working environment.
- Performs specified clinical testing under the supervision of a Medical Technologist.
- Has a basic understanding of quality control procedures related to specified tests performed.
- Processes customer telephone inquiries and other requests for service in a professional manner.
- Possesses knowledge of general and specific laboratory processes, computer functions and customer needs
High School Diploma or equivalent required; six months relevant clinical experience preferred; 25 wpm typing skills necessary.
Able to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
Should possess excellent interpersonal skills; dedicated to excellent customer service.
Organized; able to stand for length of shift; able to lift 25-30 pounds.
Fast and accurate keyboard skills required; perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
Must have personal transportation as this position may require to travel between Federal Drive and Mendenhall Oaks.