GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
The Laboratory Associate I is a non-licensed position under the direct supervision of a licensed technologist and is responsible for assisting in simple to complex laboratory procedures.
• Perform simple to complex assays by following the established departmental protocols.
• Read and understand all DOPs related to the department and adhere to all department rules and protocols.
• Prepare clinical specimens for testing and identify specimen related problems.
• Take a main role in preparing and QC the reagents and chemicals by using the DOPs.
• Logging of Quality Control and Quality Assurance results for review by licensed technologist.
• Assists in preparation of validation documentation of new tests and procedures as required by the company.
• Cleaning and maintenance of the lab equipment.
• Maintain laboratory in a clean, functional state, as well as cleaning or performing scheduling equipment and instrument maintenance / calibration / certifications, as required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences (Biological Sciences background)
• Laboratory working experience is preferred Basic understanding of general laboratory techniques.
• Ability to demonstrate initiative, balanced assertiveness and team orientation.
• Must have excellent time management skills.
• Ability to handle biological samples and potentially hazardous chemicals.
• Ability to operate equipment with sufficient proficiency to successfully execute test procedures.
• Knowledge of molecular biology techniques, tissue culture techniques and general laboratory processes and medical terminology is preferred.
• Computer skills and laboratory automation knowledge.
• Ability to communicate effectively and follow written and verbal instructions.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Apply to job
Save to cart
GE Careers - 10 months ago
What do you envision for your future? At GE Healthcare, we strive to see life more clearly. Our "healthymagination" vision for the...