Flint Hills Resources is seeking a
plant. The successful candidate will support process efficiency through providing quality analysis of results.
Job Description & Duties
Work Experience & Skills Required
- Supervise and direct lab technicians to provide reliable analysis to operations.
- Supervise and direct grains receiving technicians to ensure purchased and received corn meets the quality requirements for the site.
- Direct the lab team as they work closely with operations to ensure operators are skilled in their required lab testing.
- Provide analysis to Operations and EHS Managers to ensure safe, compliant operation as it pertains to environmental permits in identified areas of responsibility.
- Provide technical oversight for the fermentation process to ensure fermentation health and yields meet plant expectations and goals.
- Represent the Fairbank plant and support Quality initiatives.
- Maintain quality records throught a systematic documentation process
- Analyze results and trends. Review information with Production and Plant Manager.
- Ensure the laboratory follows a strong safety program consistent with FHR standards.
- Create/instill a team environment between laboratory and operations
Work Experience & Skills Preferred
- 5+ years laboratory experience with demonstrated leadership skills (preferably in a grains processing environment).
- Ability to travel overnight, attend conferences, and trainings
- Laboratory experience in grains fermentation process
- Able to work with other managers to coordinate and direct team to desired results
- Strong sense of integrity and commitment to high standards of leadership and excellence
- Experience with grain processing analysis procedures and equipment
- Able to assist in planning, directing and analyzing process trials.
- Able to design, initiate and manage programs to ensure plant team meets compliance goals, achieves and maintains high levels of operational efficiency.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a science field (biology, chemistry, etc)
Physical Demands or Unusual Working Conditions
- Physical ability to stand for long periods of time, stoop, reach, pull, push, twist, bend, kneel, and grasp
- Be able to climb several flights of stairs and ladders
- Lift up to 50 pounds occasionally; ability to lift, bend, turn and while carrying weight up to 30 lbs. frequently (unassisted)
- Able to visually observe lab tests and discriminate subtle color difference to include detecting color changes in red/green hues
- Capable of using precision-measuring and testing instruments
- Must be willing to work around dust, chemicals, and other substances
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in designated areas (Hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, heeled boots and hearing protection)
- Ability to operate in multiple environments; including a plant environment, a laboratory environment, as well as an office environment
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Must be able to respond to and support emergency issues on a 24/7 basis
- Must be able to pass a pre-employement background check and drug screen
Flint Hills Resources is an independent refining and chemicals company. The company has expanded its operations through capital projects and acquisitions worth more than $5.3 billion since 2002. Its refineries and ethanol plants produce fuels that power much of Texas, the Midwest and the Alaska interior. Its petrochemicals are used to manufacture goods such as plastics, building products and packaging materials. Its asphalt is used in communities across the Midwest and Alaska. The base oils it markets are the principle raw material used to produce premium motor oil, commercial lubricants and sealants and coatings.
Flint Hills Resources employs about 3,600 people who are focused on creating value for customers and society. This workforce includes plant operators, accountants, marketers, environmental, health and safety professionals and engineers, among other career types, who work in a variety of settings: corporate headquarters, terminals, refineries, ethanol plants, chemical plants or sales offices. The company owns refineries and chemical plants in Alaska, Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota and Texas, and ethanol plants in Iowa. In addition, the company owns and operates fuel and/or asphalt terminals in Alaska, Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin. Flint Hills owns an interest in base oils plant in Louisiana, and a biodiesel feedstock development company in California. In addition to sales offices in North America, the company has a sales presence in Switzerland, Hong Kong and Belgium to serve global customers.
We are an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
Research & Development/Sciences
FHR Fairbank, LLC
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Koch Industries, Inc. - 17 months ago