Ensure the acceptable operation of all optical laboratory equipment and machinery for Davis Vision’s Plainview Laboratory.
· Complete preventive maintenance of all equipment in a timely manner, as required by our QMS.
· Address all reactive maintenance needs in the shortest time frame possible.
· Ensure appropriate inventory of spare parts/supplies. Complete all necessary paperwork associated with purchases.
· Perform hands on maintenance of all equipment, in a timely manner, as required.
- Working in conjunction with our Corporate Management Representative, ensure all necessary ISO processes are adhered to and that all required QMS documentation is completed in a timely fashion.
- Ensure and diligently maintain the cleanliness of all equipment, workstations and overall facility.
- Practice and comply with all requirements of our Quality Management System (QMS), as well as regulations promoting a safe and healthy workplace.
- Conform with and abide by all federal, state, and local regulations, company policies and procedures, and instructions.
- Adhere to privacy and confidential and proprietary company policies and procedures (i.e. HIPAA).
- Participate in any/all training and educational activities necessary to fulfill at least the minimum requirements as specified within your departmental goals. This is in addition to, the completion of any activities necessary for the maintenance of professional affiliations or organizational requirements.
- As required by changing business needs, complete additional responsibilities as assigned.
- A high school diploma or GED is required
- Previous experience supporting mechanical processing requirements in a medium to large size manufacturing facility.
- Technical/electrician certification/ degrees a plus
- Ophthalmic processing and equipment experience are a plus
Experience & Background:
· Familiarity with PLC’s a plus
· Must be able to read electrical schematics
- Knowledge and familiarity with ophthalmic machinery desirable.
- Electrical, plumbing, and any other mechanical licensure/certification a plus.
- Must be a team player, responsible to needs of those they manage.
- Flexible approach as to timeliness of and methods used in repair.
Davis Vision Incorporated - 21 months ago