- Follows all safety guidelines and rules; environmental and regulatory guidelines; uses all required safety equipment.
- Maintains quality and cleanliness of the work area and equipment.
- Process batches of paints and colorants.
- Assist in the process of pilot scale up batches.
- Perform and analyze laboratory tests and procedures and record data clearly and concisely.
- Maintain laboratory and equipment, including calibration automatic dispensers.
- Generate color matches using the color matching software and spectrophotometer.
- Prepare standard tint samples for use in color databases, as well as preparation of custom colors.
- Visually analyze and interpret color.
- Interpret spectrohotometric data.
- Investigate color complaints and perform corrective actions if needed.
- Maintain inventory of lab supplies and raw materials.
- Maintains the highest standards for product quality and service.
- Checks batch ticket for correct product.
- Ensures product information on container and lid is in accordance with batch ticket.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Ability to work in a team environment and the willingness to be cross-functional.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Basic math skills, i.e. addition/subtraction.
- Ability to use company software and computer system programs.
- Good organizational and record keeping skills.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds continuously throughout shift.
- Ability to work safely and follow SOP’s.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
2-3 years of manufacturing experience preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer F/M/D/V
Benjamin Moore & Coendeavors to make our career page and applying for open positions accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at email@example.com
Keywords: technician, lab, chemist, supply chain, lab tech, lab, Birmingham, St. Clair County, Lean, Kaizen, 5S, Logan Lake, Pell City, Talladega, 30-45 minutes from Birmingham, Interstate 20-59
Color, technology, innovation, product performance and leadership define Benjamin Moore & Co. For more than a century, succeeding in...