- Completes quality control analysis on production materials on a timely basis to prevent delays in the production units.
- Coordinates QC analysis with shipping to provide completed Certificate of Analysis’ at time of shipment.
- Maintains and calibrates instruments.
- Makes up solutions.
- Performs housekeeping.
- Orders lab supplies.
- Properly disposes of lab waste.
- Runs various tests in the lab and enters analytical results in a database. Performs other duties as assigned and maintains excellent attendance and punctuality.
TESTS REGULARLY RUN IN THE LAB (Others may be required)
Hydroxyl by phthalic anhydride in pyridine and FT-Nir
% Water by Karl Fisher
Color by APHA and Gardner
Kinematic and Brookfield viscosities
Cloud Point Determination
Acid and Base titrations
Quantification and qualification of antioxidants in polyols by HPLC
Routine analysis of cooling tower water, tempered water and plant utility water
Fluent in Microsoft Office and Oracle applications. Familiar with working in an ISO certified laboratory. Knowledge of GLP and basic laboratory functions such as pipetting, analytical weighing, calculating results and record keeping. Two years of experience as a technician in a production control lab for a chemical manufacturing facility are required. Knowledge of wet chemistry is required. College chemistry course work a plus. Maintain good organizational skills and time management skills in a high through-put laboratory. Required to work shift work.
High School diploma , plus two to three years specialty or technical training.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Carpenter Co - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -