Summary: Under limited supervision, responsible for essential job functions involving preparation and testing of parts.
Requirements (Qualifications & Skills):
Essential Job Functions (Duties & Responsibilities):
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience Necessary: Minimum 1 year in lab or related position. Must be able to read and understand blueprints and specifications.
- Must have basic knowledge of metallurgy, heat treating, inspection and related subjects.
- Must be able to use RC hardness tester and other testing equipment as required.
- Language Skills: Must be able to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Physical Demands: Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs, sit and stand for prolonged periods, bend, stoop and climb. Must have 20/20 vision, corrected or not.
- Work Environment: May be exposed to heat, dust, noise, humidity, fumes, etc.
- Requires computer experience and good understanding of basic math.
- May be required to work overtime or any shift, including weekends.
- Must have the ability to report for work on time, follow directions, interact effectively with co-workers, understand and follow rules and procedures and accept constructive criticism.
- Review paperwork to verify information and testing to be done.
- Prepares parts and equipment for testing procedures.
- Conducts testing as required, reporting any non-conformance to manager.
- Accurately completes required paperwork and follows through as directed.
- Promotes and practices safety and good housekeeping.
- Must work in a manner consistent with the EMS.
- Performs other tasks as assigned or dictated by position.
Monster - 9 months ago