This position is part of the Tech Center lab technician team. The group provides analytical, application, and bench scale support for Product and Process Development and Paper Applications Group.
- Provide support to process/product development initiatives through lab simulation and testing work.
- Provide support in paper applications lab testing.
- Provide coverage for plant trials on an "as needed" basis during new process/product scale up.
- Document results using Lotus Notes / Microsoft Word / Microsoft Excel software.
- Timely communication of oresults, issues, concerns, and innovative ideas to peers and appropriate field service and technical personnel.
- Demonstrate maturity and leadership as a member of the technician team.
- Minimum of three years of kaolin laboratory testing experience is desired.
- Strong process aptitude.
- Ability to build solid working relationships quickly and effectively function as a team member or leader.
- High degree of personal initiative and a willingness to learn.
- Effective degree of personal initiative and a willingness to learn.
- Effective oral and written communications skills.
- The successful candidate will be expected to interact frequently with plant personnel, the Paper Sales and Tech Service Group, and the MidGa Technical Group.
- Working knowledge of Lotus Notes / Microsoft Word / Microsoft Excel software.