GCC (Grupo Cementos de Chihuahua) is a world-class company that produces, distributes and markets cement, ready-mixed concrete, aggregates, and innovative products related to the construction industries in Mexico and the United States. GCC is looking for a Lab Technician to become part of the team.
Performs analysis on specific materials being produced and takes proper actions in making adjustments to obtain the designated specifications in order to maintain the production of high quality cement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determines composition of the product and identifies what elements are present from samples obtained and analyzed.
- Evaluates sample results and determines what adjustments need to be made by control room personnel to meet required specifications. Uses own experience, previous shift results, regulatory specifications and customer specifications to decide on appropriate adjustments.
- Interacts with plant chemist, control room personnel, physical testers and other plant personnel to maintain the quality of the product.
- Maintains consistency of standard operating procedures when performing sample preparation.
- Performs analysis such as blaines, loss on ignition (LOI), moisture and wet analysis.
- Operates XRD and XRF x-rays.
- Analyzes data and uses data provided by x-rays to evaluate sample.
- Maintains orderly condition and cleanliness of work area.
- Follows all safety procedures and policies to maintain a safe and efficient work environment.
- Operates lab sample preparation equipment such as jaw crusher, grinder, bleuller mill, pellet press, and blaine apparatus as part of sample preparation and analysis.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monthly cleaning duties which will require the operation of a forklift.
- 4S work area
Education, Experience, and Knowledge:
Knowledge of basic math such as addition, subtraction, and percentages.
Knowledge of computer software such as Excel and Access.
Knowledge of High School level chemistry
Experience in a lab environment
Bachelors degree in Chemistry
Experience using X-rays
Two years experience working in a lab environment
We offer great benefits: health, dental, vision, life and short term disability insurance, 401K w/ company match and a paid time off plan!
Please fax your Resume to 505-281-0310, include the position you are interested in.
Thank you for you interest.