With our strong investment in research and development, and culture of continuous improvement, Hexcel is the industry leader in the manufacturing of industrial fabrics and composite materials. Over 4,500 people work for Hexcel at various manufacturing sites, sales offices and R&T centres around the globe……we call them our “ Strength Within "
Hexcel is currently seeking a Lab Technician for our Research & Technology team. The selected individual will be responsible for direct laboratory production and evaluation of developmental polymer materials for aerospace applications. Working under the direction of matrix engineering and scientific staff, the selected individual will be responsible for the following:
- Direct laboratory production of formulated polymer systems
- Set up, operation, and maintenance of laboratory and bench-level mixing and evaluation of formulated polymers
- Collection and analysis of experimental data and reporting of this data in accordance to specified procedures
- Maintenance of departmental files, logs, and laboratory notebooks
- Maintenance of a clean and safe laboratory and general working environment.
Eligible candidate must be: U.S. citizen, U.S. national, a person lawfully admitted for permanent residence, a temporary resident under sections 210(a) or 245(A) of the Act, a person admitted in refugee status, a person granted asylum. Hexcel is a NYSE listed international producer of composite materials, reinforcements and structures serving commercial aerospace, space & defense, and various industrial markets. The company is a leader in the production of honeycombs, prepegs and other fiber reinforced matrix systems, woven and specialty reinforcements, carbon fibers and aircraft structures. Hexcel materials are used in thousands of products, making everyday life easier and safer for millions of people around the world. The lightweight, tailorable nature of our materials has helped transform numerous industries over the past 60 years by making products lighter, stronger and faster. We are the strength within many of today’s lightweight, high-performance products.
- AS/AA in chemistry or a related technical subject or a minimum of 2-5 years of directly relevant work experience.
- Direct experience in a research or product development environment, chemistry or related experience preferred
- Ability to read and independently interpret documents such as test methods, operating and maintenance instructions, safety regulations, and equipment manuals.
- Ability to interpret and independently implement complex technical assignments.
Hexcel Corporation (Hexcel) is an advanced composites company. Hexcel develops, manufactures and markets lightweight, high-performance...