Major Duties and Responsibilities:|
- Audit, voucher and process a variety of financial documents including receipts and disbursements following standard bookkeeping methods and established University guidelines and procedures, e.g. Special Payment Authorization (SPA), Travel Expense Report (TER). Check and verify data and determine accuracy of submitted documents, e.g. account and invoice numbers, signatures, descriptions, etc.
- Resolve problems and answer questions regarding vendor payment and on processing of financial documents. Contact appropriate University personnel regarding errors or discrepancies on financial forms.
- Perform standard clerical functions. Operate computer terminal and general office equipment, e.g. calculator, typewriter, photocopier, etc. Type routine correspondence, forms and memos; schedule appointments and reservations; prepare mailings, etc.
- Process/data enter invoices for payment system processing.
- Communicate with departments for problem resolution.
- Experience with Banner and SciQuest A/P preferred.
- Perform related work as assigned.
- High school graduate or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience; coursework in bookkeeping or accounting preferred.
- Some experience in bookkeeping, accounting or office recordkeeping (Accounts Payable Clerk experience)
- Some experience using and knowledge of Banner and/or SciQuest Systems preferred.
- Ability to make mathematical computations accurately.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Some knowledge of University policies, procedures and regulations is necessary.
- Ability to work within established deadlines and in pressure situations.
- Strong organizational skills; keen attention to detail.
- Ability to type with speed and accuracy and data entry skills may be required including direct invoice entry experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others and communicate issues and solutions.
- Typically, incumbents have held positions as Accounting Clerk, Office Clerk or Secretary.