Lab Support is currently searching for contract production technicians for a busy food manufacturer in Winchester, VA. This is a great opportunity for new grads looking for an entry level opportunity! This is a 3 month contract and candidates must be available for shift work.
- Pulling, logging, and running finish product and processing samples for all test required on each product.
- Pull sample of incoming raw material and packaging to determine acceptability of loads from our suppliers
- Audit CIP chemical concentrations and ensures compliance to company specifications.
- Must be able to prepare media and other lab controls. These would include but are not limited to pour plates, buffer water, etc
- Operate autoclave to sterilize plates and equipment as needed while ensuring sterility test are accurate.
- Assist in lab equipment PMs such as cleaning the Micro Luminescence Systems weekly with caustic; drain and clean the autoclave bi-weekly; changing fluid standards and filters on the cryoscopy.
- Innoclulating batch tanks with enzyme and vitamins and recording usages on the various logs.
- Responsible for the daily cleanup and review of racking systems in the incubators and cooler to set up for shelf life testing.
- Participate in environmental testing in and around plant that includes swabbing, air plating, water sampling, etc.
- Verifies that plant equipment meets sanitation requirements prior to start up.
- BS/BA in related science
- Prior experience in food manufacturing preferred.
- Knowledge of food microbiology, chemistry, dairy standards and CIP sanitation preferred.
- Intermediate Computer Skill (i.e. Word, Excel, etc)
- Ability to work well with people.
- Communication skills are a must.
- Multi-tasked Individual
- Ability to work independently.
On Assignment - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard