Experience: 6 months experience in medical or laboratory environment.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Accountable to assist is the preparation of tissue and slides for use by Pathologists in the diagnostic process to provide quality patient care. Specific clinical knowledge and skills related to neonates, pediatrics, adolescents, adults and geriatrics are required and will be evaluated in the performance review process.
MAJOR WORK ACTIVITIES:
1. Perform routine procedures (embedding, staining, slide distribution, frozen sections, etc) and maintain the benchmarks for both quality and quantity.
2. Perform all established quality check on cases prior to delivery to pathologist.
3. File slides and blocks. Use log books or sheets as required.
4. Detect problems forward them to the lead histotech or manager.
5. Resolve problem or a hand off to the lead histotech or manager.
6. Perform equipment maintenance procedures and document as required.
7. Inventory supplies and notify lead histotech when re-order is needed.
8. Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. As employees of
oses Cone Health System, our behaviors must be aligned with our values of Outstanding Services, Caring Spirit, Innovative Climate, Integrity and Financial Viability. Our Standards of Behavior reinforce these corporate values and reflect our commitment to Service Excellence. Our Standards of Behavior are:
Maintain a professional appearance.
Demonstrate a positive attitude to all customers and fellow employees.
Maintain a safe, clean and attractive environment.
Communicate with compassion and courtesy.
Anticipate customer needs.
Maintain patient privacy and confidentiality.
2. Ability to read and write in the English language.
3. Ability to distinguish numbers whether written in Roman or Arabic numbers.
4. Ability to communicate with others.
5. Ability to walk and stand on a continuous basis.
6. Ability to lift 20 lbs.
7. Physical job demands may be subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Exceptional People Providing Exceptional Care!
Cone Health is a state of the art network of facilities providing patients access to the latest developments in medical care from their first moments of life through later years. Our network offers the most breakthrough treatments and technology available in healthcare today. As a teaching hospital, we offer employees the opportunity to become leaders in the industry and continued growth from their first day on.
Extraordinary patient care is about being “high-touch” as well as “high-tech”. Community service and superior patient care are the cornerstones of our organization, a philosophy that is demonstrated by each and every one of our valued team members. We are proud to be the largest private, not-for-profit employer of choice in the Piedmont, NC area community!
Cone Health is an equal opportunity employer. If you require assistance with our online job submission process, please contact our Talent Acquisition team at 866-266-3767 to request an accommodation. Additionally, Cone Health invites interested deaf and hard of hearing applicants to use Video Relay Service (VRS).
Cone Health (formerly Moses Cone Health System) serves patients in central North Carolina through five acute and specialty care hospitals...