As a Laboratory Technician you will perform clinical laboratory procedures and examinations pursuant to established, approved protocols which require limited independent judgment and review and assist in training students, new employees and other Hospital personnel.
- Performs a variety of reviewed laboratory procedures relevant to the particular work going on in the laboratory.
- Prepares and tests specimens for examination and reports preliminary results to the technologist for sign-off.
- Keeps accurate records.
- Operates and maintains laboratory equipment.
- Ensures and maintains quality control and assurance activities.
- Maintains the laboratory area in a clean and orderly manner
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required. Associates Degree in Medical Technology, Basic Science or related field, preferred.
- Licensed by New York State Education Department (NYSED) as a Clinical Laboratory Technician, required.
- Previous experience in a medical laboratory, preferred.
Transforming care, optimizing patient satisfaction and creating better patient outcomes are just some of the things our talented team members are doing at North Shore-LIJ each and every day. As a culture committed to providing our customers with the highest quality service, we stand behind our core values: Patients first; Caring; Excellence; Innovation; Integrity and Teamwork. It is our commitment and our culture that sets us apart from others and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Join an organization whose team members are valued, cared for and offered continuous opportunities to grow. Click on the link to learn more about us: www.northshorelij.com/goals
Please note: North Shore-LIJ is a smoke-free environment. Smoking and the use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. Free smoking cessation programs and quit medications are offered to team members who wish to quit through the North Shore-LIJ Center for Tobacco Control.
North Shore-LIJ Health System - 19 months ago