Imagine... working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
At Campbell, we cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
This position performs routine analytical duties in a food manufacturing setting. Analyses include, but are not limited to: solids and microsolids, fats, pH, salt, protein, ash, acid numbers, free fatty acids, water activity, microbiological plating. There is a heavey emphasis around the use of wet chemistry techniques to determine dilutions and percent weights, and also lab equipment such as HPLC and microwave analyzers. Additional responsibilities include production and raw ingredient sampling, and communicating with production on various data including blend status.
1. Conduct analysis including microbiological and related preparation on in process and finished product.
2. Issue formula blends and in process analysis to production operators.
3. Input data into the lab computer and organize lab documents & production files.
4. Report product quality related issues including specifications and in process quality issues.
5. Perform sampling and inspections of quality checking including routine outbound shipment inspections.
6. Initiate chemical and microbiological checks from WHQ
7. Maintain the security and inventory of laboratory chemicals and materials.
8. Release product on hold in SAP system under the direction of Q.A Manager
9. Maintain non-conformance and held product logs.
10. Validate sanitation checks as needed before product filling.
11. Perform routine instrument calibrations and maintenance
12. Safety and Quality related auditing.
13. Assist in research & development related work.
14. Perform general housekeeping duties and maintain cleanliness of lab.
Minimum education requirements: Associates Degree in Chemistry and/or Previous applicable skills and/or experience in Laboratory or Quality environment.
Education desired: Bachelors Degree in Chemistry
Years of relevant experience: 3 years for candidates with no post-secondary degree
- Must have knowledge of how to use general lab equipment including HPLC analyzer
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Must have strong mathematical skills
- Must have strong organizational and communication skills
Pepperidge Farm, Incorporated - 2 years ago