WE'RE ABOUT A BETTER TOMORROW.
As the number one natural nutrition company in the U.S., Shaklee has been making people healthier for over 50 years. And we've made it part of our job to make the planet healthier along the way. We were doing it back when green was just a color and biodegradable was barely a word. In fact, as early as 1960, we made one of the first biodegradable household cleaners ever. And we were the first company in the world to obtain Climate Neutral™ certification and totally offset our CO2 emissions, resulting in a net zero impact on the environment.
This position is a temporary position and provides entry-level technical assistance to development formulators and chemists in the nutritional product development group.
- Assist in preparing product prototypes based on prescribed ingredients. Prepare bench-top and pilot scale samples based on established formulas and processes.
- Assist in conducting sensory evaluations of new nutraceutical product prototypes. independent stability studies on new or existing products or prescribed testing on raw materials and experimental prototypes.
- Prepare samples for product quality and stability studies and submit samples for chemical and physical testing according to approved protocols and schedules. Perform scheduled evaluations, monitor progress and prepare summary report upon completion of each study.
- Set up, break down, clean and/or move any lab equipment as necessary.
- Maintain lab equipment by cleaning, light repair and/or calibrating as necessary. Document repair schedules.
- Assure labs are appropriately stocked with necessary supplies and ingredients needed. Order common ingredients and supplies needed for testing, Repackage materials from large drums, if necessary. Process paperwork needed. Dispose of hazardous waste per standard operating procedures (SOP).
- Perform a variety of administrative work such as database maintenance, documentation, report writing, research, processing quality assurance forms, etc. as needed. Provide administrative liaison/support for outside vendors.
Please apply to:
- BS in physical, biological or health science or 3-4 years laboratory experience; experience in food science or formulation preferred.
- Knowledge of basic laboratory procedures including appropriate safety procedures
- Detail oriented, efficient & organized
- Strong analytical and deductive reasoning
- Able to understand the theory behind the documentation procedures
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to work well with others
Shaklee Corporation is an EOE / Shaklee Corporation supports a smoke free workplace.
Shaklee - 17 months ago