Warrior Energy Services, a Superior Energy Services Company, is a leading provider of natural gas and oil well services. We provide cased-hole wireline and well intervention services to exploration and production companies. Our operations are concentrated in the major onshore and offshore natural gas and oil producing areas of the U.S., including offshore in the Gulf of Mexico and onshore producing regions. Superior Energy Services and its subsidiaries are EEO/AA employers. Through participation in the E-Verify program, Superior Energy Services, Inc. electronically verifies the employment eligibility and Social Security Number validity of all new hires.
Warrior is currently hiring for a Lab Technician to join our team in Yancey, TX.
The Lab Technician will perform specialized laboratory tests to determine performance characteristics of well cements, spacers and lost circulation materials.
- Sets up, adjusts and operates laboratory equipment and instruments such as balances, mixers, consistometers, ultrasonic cement analyzers, fluid loss testers, rheometers, and other equipment.
- Tests materials used as ingredients including cement, silica, organic polymers (synthetic and natural), bentonite, barite, organic and mineral acids, oils and organic solvents for such qualities as thickening time, viscosity, density, set time, mechanical strength, solubility, and reactivity.
- Prepares test specimens and apparatus for non-standard performance testing of cements or other materials.
- Tests samples of manufactured products to verify conformity to specifications.
- Records test results on standardized forms and writes test reports describing procedures used. Prepares graphs and charts.
- Cleans laboratory equipment. Calibrates laboratory instruments.
- Two years of professional laboratory experience supporting the oil and gas industry preferred
- Previous testing experience with materials like cement, acids, or other drilling fluid(s)
- Ability to read and interpret written technical procedures
- Must be able to work with basic mathematical concepts of algebra and geometry
- Possesses basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Must be able to lift and move up to 50lbs
Excellent Benefits : Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, Matching 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- High School Diploma or GED combined with professional laboratory experience
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
To be considered for this position, please select the link “Apply Now”. If you experience difficulties in the process or have questions, please call 1-866-771-4490 or chat with our online support staff at Live Chat Support, between the hours of 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Central Time.