We are seeking a self-motivated, creative lab test engineer with a passion for quality. This person will develop test plans, test cases and work in collaboration with the Sr. Lab Manager on test execution on mobile devices. A small organization mentality is critical for success in this position: a passionate can-do attitude, exceptional communication skills, and the ability to collaborate while acting as a thought leader in your area of expertise will serve you well at RootMetrics. Sound good? Once hired, here’s what we’ll need you to do.
- Ability to take ownership of lab testing projects to implement, maintain and develop test strategy, test plan on multiple products.
- Collaborate with the product development, engineering, and field operation to define lab test requirements, create test tools,
- Develop test methodology in lab to validate and establish performance benchmarking criteria.
- Expert knowledge in wireless signaling protocol GSM/CDMA/LTE and wireless standards 3GPP/3GPP2
- Hands-on experience with spectrum analyzer, signal analyzer, use of oscilloscope and soldering tools.
- Has technical expertise/knowledge in RF principles and device diagnostic testing.
- Ability to use QXDM, TEMS, Probes for in depth performance analysis and troubleshoot.
- Participate in test planning and in testing activities on multiple mobile devices for multiple projects
- Testing includes;
- review and analyze requirements
- determine testing needs
- test automation
- write and review test cases
- Execute test cases, log defects, triage defects and test multiple mobile devices
- Trace packets, troubleshoot in complex telephony/network environment
- Analyze test results and report status to lab manager
- Acting as sub-lead for specific functional areas of a project or multiple concurrent projects
Skills Appreciated :
- BS in Engineering/Math/Science or equivalent experience
- Must have a minimum of two years-experience with using and automating agilent, anritsu, Rohde& Schwartz base station emulators
- Must have a minimum of five years-experience with 3GPP and 3GPP2 radio access technologies
- Demonstrated experience with test execution and defect logging
- Experience with reviewing requirements, writing structured test cases in a test tracking system, writing defects, etc.
- Must be able to troubleshoot issues and follow directions
- Must have understanding of structured SDLC environment
- Experience with Requirements Review, Test Case Development, LTE, and troubleshooting call flow analysis
- Experience with ImaTest, x-Rite display calibration tools, CalMAN calibration software, DisplayMate display calibration tools
- Experience with Image Quality Labs equipment, display systems, camera sensor, optics and imaging
RootMetrics - 10 months ago