How to Apply
Please complete the entire online application along with any prescreening questions that pertain to this opportunity. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
About Us - G3
Headquartered in Modesto, CA, G3 Enterprises has been supplying the wine and spirits industry for over 50 years. As a single source packaging solution, its products and services include labels, stock and custom closures, warehousing, transportation, bottle etching, and mobile bottling.
The key to the success of G3 is our people. We offer our team a chance to grow, with a competitive rewards package, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage, and a generous retirement plan.
Full Time/Part Time
Under general supervision, responsible for supporting the First Press Operator with duties required to run the press, including but not limited to: keeping the press fed consistently with the correct paper stock, ink, foil and additional consumables needed for the job.
• Supports the First Press Operator in all Make-ready activities.
• Anticipates the next job and prepares paper stock, plates and ink before the make ready.
• Stages upcoming jobs as needed, following lean principles and practices.
• Uses Radius production management system to accurately record time and materials data and ensures that all the correct data is keyed into Radius including punch in and punch out as well as job assignment times.
• Relieves the First Press Operator for lunch and breaks. Provides backup for the First Press Operator in the event of absence or vacation.
• Performs preventative maintenance operations on the press as directed by the First Press Operator.
• Participates in trouble shooting problems on press.
• Follows standard operating procedures as established by the company.
• Communicates the ending job and shift status to the next shift operator coming on shift.
• Observes recycling guidelines and limits waste of materials and supplies.
• Must maintain satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness
• Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory consideration.
• This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High school diploma or G.E.D. required.
• Required to pass the Farnsworth-Munsell 100-Hue Color Vision Test with a score of 75 or below.
• Minimum 1 year experience in the print manufacturing industry.
• Basic computer skills.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to frequently lift and move up to 48 pounds.
• Required to work rotating shifts and overtime as necessary.
• College business or printing coursework.
• Prior experience through technical training.
• Experience running press independently on limited basis.
• Basic understanding of UV and water base inks, rotary foil, and embossing. Also should have an understanding of in-fed and out-fed web tensions.
• Experience with Production Management System (Radius), Excel, Word, Access and Outlook.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to lift and move up to 70 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the majority of the work time is spent standing, and frequently walking and reaching with hands and arms.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
G3 Enterprises - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard