FTI’s Health Solutions Practice aids our clients (hospitals, life science companies, physician practices, and others) in preparing their organizations to execute in an environment of unprecedented change. This practice within FTI has grown at an average of 20% annually over the past four years, and is poised for continued growth at this pace.
FTI’s Healthcare practice is seeking an experienced clinical professional with prior leadership and hands on experience in the effective delivery of patient care in an acute care provider setting. The individual must have hands-on responsibility for assessing, planning, implementing and directing the transformation of and improvement of clinical processes, with a focus on operational productivity. In addition to strong management skills, the candidate should possess a track record of successfully performing in and managing high performance, interdisciplinary teams to meet project milestones and achieving measurable performance outcomes. Our consultants provide clients with their staffing solutions through consideration of benchmarks, yet tailoring their approach to the client’s unique environment.
Our Consultants work primarily onsite with client personnel analyzing and leveraging operational data to improve the performance of our client organizations. Our productivity enhancement engagements begin with an assessment of the client’s staffing and productivity of clinical and non-clinical staff. Then, with the implementation of productivity monitoring tools, we drive efficiencies in our client staffing approaches. FTI Consultants will develop and deliver presentations for the client, track engagement progress and leave documentation of FTI’s solution with our clients at the engagement conclusion. Our Consultants must be able to work effectively with client personnel, FTI colleagues and experienced consultants in order to effectively guide the client through these transformation efforts.
- Develops professional relationships with individuals at various levels in client organization.
- Viewed as a subject matter expert by the client, particularly well-versed in contemporary clinical methods and protocols, able to gain credibility with wide range of client staff and management.
- Demonstrates ability to influence and negotiate with client, as appropriate (within the scope of their responsibility on the project).
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills, including proficiency in Excel, Power Point, and Word applications (e.g., able to conduct analysis, synthesize and present results with modest support).
- Effective at shaping client expectations, ensuring cohesion between FTI and client personnel.
- Ensures quality of work product at each stage of engagement is consistent with engagement proposal.
- Effectively identifies, develops and leads communication in all forums
- Demonstrates superior listening skills in client interactions. Able to define engagement results in terms that align to unique client needs.
- Serves as good example in regards to FTI policies and procedures and actively ensures others do as well. Viewed as day-to-day leader of engagement team and deliverable content.
- Demonstrates advanced ability in designing, delegating, reviewing and impacting work of others. Ensures teams (FTI and/or client) are functioning smoothly and in a positive manner.
- Leads and motivates teams to perform to highest level and deliver superior results within the scope of their assignment.
- Maintains a mature, problem solving attitude while dealing with interpersonal conflicts.
- Develops accurate perceptions and understanding of others and works effectively with people of different backgrounds. Responds in an appropriate fashion, in order to influence action on the part of others.
- Consistently maintains high quality deliverables even when faced with distractions and difficult circumstances. Respected for ability to make personal sacrifices for the benefit of client results.
- Reviews data analyses, identifies discrepancies and uses knowledge to cull out nuances. Ensures validity of data, and able to discern trends, patterns that may be telling
- Synthesizes the results of data analytics, client interviews, on site observations and other relevant information to prepare detailed, well-written, comprehensive assessments and recommendations related to improving productivity in a wide variety of clinical and non-clinical departments.
- Masters knowledge of practice-specific toolset and is effective in when, how and to what extent each tool is applied
- Demonstrates keen insight into critical industry issues and implications
- Effectively frames critical strategic issues for client and team. Develops sound analytics and work plan to address critical issues and effectively communicates these to team members
- Minimum of 2 years of progressive consulting and/or clinical experience in acute care environment
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Must be willing to travel weekly, typically out of town a minimum of four days/week (i.e., at least 80%).
- Hands on implementation experience in an acute care provider environment.
- Strong work experience as demonstrated through employment tenures and advancement history.
- MHA or MBA is preferred.
POSITION CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
FTI Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer
When someone has been cooking the books, FTI Consulting has a recipe for recovery. The company is one of the leading providers of consulting...