Reports to the Manger, Comparative Medicine Unit ( CMU ). Responsibilities include general
facility sanitation, cleaning animal caging/pens, equipment operation and maintenance and record-keeping under supervision.
Principal Functional Responsibilities
• Operates mechanical equipment to sanitize animal cages/pens, water bottles and associated equipment.
• Performs routine maintenance on area equipment such as replacing filters, cleaning nozzles and filling oil.
• Performs general record-keeping duties, such as cage wash temperature sheets, and room activity sheets.
• Performs general sanitation and maintenance work in the animal facility (i.e. mop hallways, take trash to dumpster, soiled mops and carpets to dock, etc.)
• Operates autoclave and incinerator.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 6 months of general sanitation and/or equipment maintenance
Key Skills and Personal Characteristics
- Ability to understand and carry out wirtten and oral directions.
- Ability to effectively accommodate vairiable workloads.
- Excellent interpersonal skill and the ability to work well with others.
- Basic knowledge of equipment maintenance.
- Ability to lift 50 pound objects.
- Ability to tolerate animal-related odors
NEOMED - 15 months ago