Performs venipunctures following approved procedures, and in compliance with Universal Precautions and other guidelines, to meet production and quality standards. Proficient in the organization's information systems as applicable to job responsibilities. Capable of processing lab orders correctly and meeting customers' needs. Performs pre-analytical requirements. Ability to train others in principal lab duties as applicable. QUALIFICATIONS/KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES
- Prefers completion of a phlebotomy-training program with experience in laboratory; coursework in biological science desired.
- Ability to read and write at an appropriate level.
- Current CPR Certification.
- Working knowledge of computers in order to perform specimen inquiry and order entry.
- Telephone skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to work independently; handle constant interruptions and concurrent tasks.
- Knowledge of all laboratory safety regulations and protocols.
- Ability to integrate new information into practice and recognize opportunities for improvement.
Ball Memorial Hospital - 19 months ago