The Laboratory Assistant's role is to perform operations
which aid in maximizing the research productivity of the
laboratory staff. Day to day functions include cleaning
chemistry glassware, laboratory and supply areas, as
well as maintaining and updating the chemical inventory.
responsible manner. Maintain familiarity with the
- Conduct laboratory operations in a safe and
Chemical Hygiene Plan. Exhibit safety awareness and
safe work practices.
disposal. Maintain compliance with all regulations
- Follow responsible actions regarding chemical
at the federal, state, and local levels.
organized and orderly manner. Responsible for
- Maintain the laboratory equipment in a clean,
washing, cleaning, drying, and putting away all
chemistry glassware in pre-assigned locations as
directed by the scientific staff.
emphasis to visits from customers and other guests.
- Keep laboratory clean and organized, with particular
Keep sink area and personal workspace clean and
shelving; sweep and mop lab floors; clean lab ovens
- Wipe down lab benches, lab surfaces, and lab
and refrigerator(s) and freezers in accordance with
a Maintenance Schedule, appropriate SOPs, and on an
as needed basis.
solutions as needed or requested.
- Refill solvent bottles, prepare aqueous and solvent
following established procedures and safety
- Prepare and crush empty solvent containers as needed
- Wash lab coats, rags and towels used in the
areas, and keep those areas organized and clean.
- Stock materials and supplies in supply and storage
technical manipulations, if appropriate.
- Assist scientists with operations involving some
appropriate Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintain the GMP Laboratory in compliance with
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Chemical Hygiene training
AMRI - 16 months ago