The laboratory coordinator supports faculty in laboratory activities and develops and implements safety practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates the daily activities in a science laboratory, including purchasing, setting up laboratory experiments, and conducting routine safety inspections.
- Supports staff and faculty in development and instruction of laboratory experiments.
- Ensures adherence to lab standards and practices to maximize safety and operational effectiveness.
- Instructs staff and faculty on local, state, and federal regulations to maintain lab compliance.
- Handles all issues relating to lab supplies and equipment, including ordering new instruments, maintaining inventory, and proper storage.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May perform other duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time
POSITION REPORTS TO
: Chair, Math and Science Department
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL, and PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED
- The individual must possess knowledge, skills, and abilities in college-level science courses in the areas of biology, chemistry, physics, and engineering and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Proficient in the use of Word and Excel.
- Highly organized.
- Superb analytical, problem solving, and communication skills.
Bachelor's degree in a science field.
Laureate Education Inc. - 20 months ago
If higher education is a matter of degrees, Laureate must be blazing hot. The company provides adult career education through online and...