Laboratory Automation Research Associate - San Diego
Exciting company focused on mass spectrometry based biomarker discovery. Currently we are looking for flexible and enthusiastic people who are inspired by innovation. The successful candidate will join a team that focuses on mass-spec based platforms to discover, validate and identify protein-based biomarkers.
As a key contributor in the successful implementation and execution of proteomic studies, this position requires significant experience with liquid handling instruments,
for example: Beckman Coulter, Tecan, Agilent. Responsible for running automated processes and maintaining laboratory automation equipment. This position operates within a fast-paced
environment, so flexibility and energy are required. Under the direction of senior team members, specific responsibilities will include:
- Performing routine biological sample preparation for Mass Spectrometry analysis.
- Implementing and troubleshooting lab automation programs on TECAN and Agilent platforms.
- Perform routine laboratory duties such as instrument cleaning and calibration, organization of laboratory supplies, and logging large sample sets.
- Maintain accurate laboratory notebooks and utilization of LIMS.
- Write and review SOPs, development reports, and documentation.
- BS or higher in Biomedical/Chemical Engineering, Biotechnology or related field.
- 5+ years Industry experience in the implementation and troubleshooting of automated assays using liquid handling instruments (ex. Tecan, Beckman Coulter, Agilent).
- Experience with biological sample preparation, preferably in proteomics applications.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot assays and equipment.
- Excellent with oral and written communication skills.