Ameritox is a full service forensic toxicology laboratory. The company provides a unique, patented Advanced Diagnostic Prescription Drug Analysis to monitor compliance with pain medicine prescription protocols through the application of an exclusively licensed, proprietary methodology that utilizes patient specific data.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Adhere to company policies, including attendance and punctuality. Other duties may be assigned.
The Laboratory Director is responsible for the daily operation of the Laboratory.
Major responsibilities will include:
- Ensure all testing functions concerning Pain Management drug testing protocols are followed and results are returned to the requesting provider in a timely manner;
- Ensure proper staffing of the Pain Management Laboratory to adequately handle the sample volume;
- Develop and ensure all SOPs are followed for all testing;
- Identify appropriate and ensure adequate instrumentation is available to perform necessary testing;
- Troubleshooting as necessary;
- Ensure proper training of personnel;
- Perform Competency Reviews for personnel and keeping the records required by various certifying bodies, i.e. CLIA, NY, CA, FL, etc.;
- Supervision of all Laboratory employees;
- Assist in the development and implementation of new test procedures;
- Ensure that all technical inquires from the clients are handled accurately, properly and in accordance with other professional employees as needed;
- Adhere to confidentiality (HIPAA) requirements (patient files and personal information).
Indirectly supervise employees of the all Departments. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ability to manage for aggressive growth with a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with key decision makers.
- Professional management and training skills to train remote sales staff.
- Knowledge of strategic planning, forecasting and budgeting.
- Knowledge of clinical, administrative, legal and regulatory aspects of the process control;
- Knowledge of all areas of the Laboratory;
- Knowledge of Instrumentation including LC/MS, GC/MS, Olympus 500, Olympus 640, Hitachi 717, and Axysms;
- Must be CLIA Certified as a Laboratory Director.
- Board Certified or eligible.
Doctoral degree (Ph.D.) or equivalent in Toxicology, Chemistry, or a relation discipline; or more than 10 years related experience and/or training; or combination of education and experience.
OTHER REQUIRED SKILLS
Language : Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Mathematical : Ability to comprehend and apply principles of advanced calculus, modern algebra, and advanced statistical theory. Ability to work with concepts such as limits, rings, quadratic and differential equations, and proofs of theorems.
Reasoning Ability : Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, musical notes, etc.,) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
Computer : To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of capable of performing PC applications including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written on business and technical issues across multiple levels of the organization;
- Able to work well under pressure, meet deadline demands and work in a fast-paced environment;
- Demonstrated skill conducting tests in a professional manner;
- Demonstrated organizational skills with strong ability to develop action plans; able to exercise sound, independent judgment;
- Quality conscious and detail oriented; able to work independently and as a team;
- Demonstrated leadership, teamwork and interpersonal skills with the ability to achieve results through others.
- Thorough knowledge of chemistry, toxicology and analytical instrumentation;
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex data;
- Strong technical background in Analytical Toxicology;
- Proficient with basic computer skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally required to sit, talk or hear. The employee must occasionally stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. There are no specific vision abilities required by this job.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Compensation will include a competitive salary and benefits package to the successful candidate.
- Hepatitis B vaccination available;
- Must follow SOP and OSHA safety regulations.