All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
- BS/BA in Biology and/or Information Systems or related field and minimum 3-4 years of relevant experience required
- MS/MA in Biology and/or Information Systems or related field and minimum of 1-2 years relevant experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with LIMS in a biospecimen environment preferred
- Thorough knowledge of LIMS, LIM workflow, PL/SQL, Oracle and relational database concepts.
- Working knowledge of Nautilus LIMS (experience with other LIMS software of similar scope will be considered).
- Working knowledge of laboratory procedures and workflows, sample and data handling.
- Knowledge of an academic/research medical center’s unique clients and needs, and translation into LIMS design, implementation, and support.
- Excellent technical writing and presentation skills.
- Can function at a high level within MS Office and Windows OS.
- Experience with Sybase Infomaker preferred
- Working knowledge of data formats such as XML or similar is preferred.
- Knowledge of Zebra printers preferred.
Working closely with the Director-CTRI, the LIMS analyst is responsible for customizing and implementing Nautilus LIMS in support of projects and end-user needs involving biospecimen data, tracking, and storage and in support of the CHOP Research Institutional Biorepository. The LIMS Analyst will design and implement complex nautilus workflows, templates (for specimens, tests, and results), and reports based on project needs. The individual will assist in end-user training and education, trouble-shooting, and end user support of the Nautilus LIMS system and requires strong laboratory and clinical expertise in Nautilus LIMS implementation and support. The LIMS Analyst is also highly collaborative and diversified; as such, possessing organizational skills with an ability to create and maintain effective liaison relationships ensuring a smooth workflow across teams from multiple projects. The individual will be committed to continuous process improvement, performing with integrity and accountability.
Children's Hospital Philadelphia - 21 months ago