Laboratory Information Systems Analyst
Job ID: : 24969
Department: : Lab Administration
City: : St. Paul, MN
Location: : HP - St Paul Regions Hospital & Clinics
Position Type: : Part-Time
Anticipated Work Schedule: : Part Time, 0.6 FTE, 3 - 8 hour shifts per week, between the hours of Mon to Fri from 8 to 4:30
Hrs/Pay Period: : 48
Job Description: :
The culture at HealthPartners is one of ownership, pride, service and most importantly, partnership. That spirit of partnership among employees, patients and the community helped us to earn a place on the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal’s List of the Twin Cities Great Places to Work. Join us for a career that offers respect, support and encouragement. You’ll stay for the power of partnership.
Our continued growth has created an opportunity for a Laboratory Systems Specialist. This position will provide support and development of laboratory system functionality which meet the requirements of laboratory and other end users in the HealthPartners ambulatory care setting. To ensure efficient and compliant Laboratory Information Systems (LIS) operations.
- Serves as key resource to lab users and management for lab system operations and problem investigation.
- Develops knowledge base of other corporate applications (e.g. Epic applications, MUSE) to support lab users, troubleshoot problems, and participate in integrated testing.
- Responds to user issues to affect safe, timely, efficient and patient centered outcomes. Quickly resolves known situations. Efficiently addresses new issues by formulating recommendations, reviewing with team, and implementing correction/s with management oversight.
- Facilitates communication to all user sites and acts as the LIS resource for lab users and other end users.
- Monitors system and executes checks on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Monitors and ensures accurate interfaced data transmission between systems.
- Addresses recurring problems and pro-actively recognizes potential problems. Takes appropriate action with LIS team management.
- Maintains and updates laboratory software files. Maintains documentation of changes.
- Participates in the development of user training program/s. Conducts training as scheduled.
- Interacts with other departments as needed for communication of system enhancements and changes (e.g., EMR, Patient Accounting, and Finance).
- Develops and maintains documentation of LIS operations and procedures to support sound system management.
- Assumes responsibility of assigned projects with manager oversight.
- Obtains system and technical information from vendor resource groups, seminars, and journals.
- Develops expertise of tools/functionality that will increase LIS productivity. Contributes creative ideas to ensure LIS productivity and efficiency.
- Participates as team player in order to accomplish LIS objectives.
HealthPartners, nationally acclaimed for providing outstanding patient care, offers a comprehensive benefits package. To see a complete job description and/or to apply for this position, please visit www.healthpartners.jobs, click on job opportunities and search for Job ID # 24969.
- BS or BA Degree in Medical Technology or a related field with completion of 12 months of appropriate clinical education or MLT/CLT with experience in a highly complex laboratory in all technical areas.
- Four years of laboratory information system experience.
- Ability to effectively interact with staff in other departments.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Health is what we do. Partnership is how we do it.
Clinical Laboratory or Anatomic Pathology experience required; experience with Laboratory Information Systems and/or Electronic Medical Record System required
Move Up Back to top
Apply Now Add to Job Cart
View Search Results View Job Cart (0) Send This Job to a Friend View My Account
HealthPartners - 17 months ago