Summary of Major Responsibilities: The Laboratory Information Systems (LIS) Manager tracks and manages the LIS implementation and ongoing maintenance, and supervises and manages the LIS team to support the delivery of laboratory services and laboratory information. This position is responsible for overseeing hardware and software installation, network troubleshooting and problem resolution, integration and interface, client oversight, preparation and support as well as any data conversion decision-making, preparation and support. The LIS Manger oversees the employee security settings for the applications and serves as Information Security Officer for the laboratory. This position reports directly to the Director of Laboratory Operations.
Essential Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Oversees, manages and develops the operation, installation, implementation and ongoing support of the LIS Serves as LIS subject matter expert, high-level point of contact for the LIS vendor and vendors of interfaced instruments
- Oversees and validates the employee application security settings to the LIS
- Responsible for implementing security measures that meet the HIPAA/HITECH regulations for the LIS
- Reviews and approves LIS documentation and supporting processes, as well as SOPs
- Responsible for coordinating the training program for LIS users
- Creates and manages a mechanism to document system problems and issues and ensures proper issue resolution by engaging key stakeholders, vendors, etc.
- Assists in the execution of the testing plans and the validation of the proper operation of the LIS and any interfaced systems or instruments
- Manages the integration of any lab instruments and/or peripheral lab equipment with LIS
- Utilizes expertise and relationships with vendors to troubleshoot and address various system issues, ensuring any changes do not adversely affect the LIS or laboratory operations
- Evaluates and recommends system product enhancements, capabilities, and upgrades and revises the system to ensure efficient laboratory workflow
- Oversees LIS maintenance activities
- A minimum of 2 years of LIS management experience in a clinical setting plus a minimum of 2 years of clinical laboratory experience
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and communication skills
- Strong demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated commitment to strong customer service objectives
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with stakeholders from many disciplines both internally and externally
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience working with HIPAA/HITECH regulations
- Bachelor's degree in Clinical Laboratory Science, related Information Technology degree or 4 years equivalent experience SQL knowledge and experience including report writing
- Experience with bench scale interfaces and macros
- Software quality assurance testing, troubleshooting and validation experience
Exact Sciences Corporation - 14 months ago
Guesstimates aren't good enough when diagnosing a deadly cancer, so Exact Sciences aims for accuracy. The firm develops non-invasive...