The Howard Hughes Medical Institute at Columbia University seeks an energetic and highly motivated individual to serve as lab manager and to provide administrative support to the director of the laboratory. We have a dynamic and collabrative group of scientists at every level of training who work on fundamental questions in cancer biology and neurodegeneration. The successful candidate will help to maintain the laboratory infrastructure with attention to safety, compliance, efficiency and organization, and perform administrative funchtions under the direct supervision of the laboratory director.
We are located in the new state of the art Northwest Corner interdisciplinary science building at 120th Street and Broadway, on the Morningside campus of Columbia University.
- Maintain office records of Institute policies and procedures and communicate changes to appropriate personnel
- Act as liaison between laboratory and host institution as required. Serve as liaison with staff of other departments and provide information regarding laboratory activities
- May assist in office space and facilities planning; maintain inventory of furniture and equipment
- May assist in the collection and assembly of date used in preparation of laboratory budget. May implement approved budgets and monitor expenditures of funds; review budget reports and investigate variances
- Maintain office calendar. Schedule and coordinate meetings, conferences and special events
- Answer routine inquiries without further consultation, resolve routine matters and respond to minor problems or complaints.
- Perform writing assignments, including composing, proofreading and researching and compiling correspondence and/or special reports
- May review and edit written materials such as manuscripts from draft form
- Assist investigator with travel arrangements and appointments
- Submit reimbursement requests
- Stock supplies for lab and supervise lab duties of all members
- Maintain a safe lab environment
- Bachelor's degree in science
- 2 years of administrative experience (experience in sicence administration preferred)
- Strong computer skills (MS Office, internet tools, graphic design)
- Prepare solutions and reagents for use by other lab members
- Maintaining lab stock of materials needed for research
- Ability to communicate and work collaboratively in a multi-cultural environment with respect for diverse backgrounds and lifesyles
Please email coverletter with salary requirements, your CV listing three references and contact information to BRSresumes@hhmi.org
Howard Hughes Medical Institute - 7 months ago
The Howard Hughes Medical Institute is dedicated to discovering and disseminating new knowledge in the basic life sciences. HHMI grounds its...