Bachelor's Degree required
BASIC PURPOSE OF THE JOB |
- Responsible for one section of the lab and capable of performing tests in that section of the lab.
- Minimum Education
- Bachelors Preferred Degree in Medical Technology from an accredited college acceptable to TDPH or certified as a Medical Technologist by the HEW Examination
- Minimum Work Experience
- 6 years medical laboratory experience is required
- Required Licenses/Certifications for position
- Valid Tennessee license as a Medical Laboratory Supervisor
- Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of advanced medical laboratory work in the applicable Laboratory section (i.e, Chemistry, Hematology, Coagulation, Blood Bank, Microbiology, etc.).
- Knowledge of supervisory principles and practices.
- Skill in prioritizing and coordinating section activities in relationship to department functions.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
- Is able to multitask, handle stress appropriately, and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Works well with others and consistently displays a courteous, professional attitude in all situations.
- Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Medium lifting, pushing and pulling is required for 20-50 lbs occasionally, 10-20 lbs frequently and 10 lbs constantly to move objects. Sudden emergency situations have the potential for exposure to lifting or moving of up to 100 lbs. Frequent bending, walking, sitting, squatting, reaching and standing are required. Keyboard/computer use and/or repetitive motions may be required.
East Tennessee Children's Hospital
- 22 months ago - save job