Job Description: |
As member of a research group providing early stage drug candidate discovery, support the in vitro assay preparation and execution needs of projects within the Neusentis research unit.
The successful candidate will be a member of a laboratory team focused on assay development and execution as part of an early drug candidate identification supporting project needs of the Neusentis research unit. He/she will contribute to the preparation of reagents to support assay development and drug candidate screening activities.
Applicants must have a scientific background in biology.
Knowledge in the field of drug discovery is a plus.
The successful candidate will be excited by a role with high demands and a requirement for teamwork.
The candidate should therefore possess strong collaborative and communication skills and a positive attitude. Successful candidates will be expected to:
• Have experience with good laboratory practices
• Comfortable using robotics and automation in the performance of reagent/assay preparation and compound screening
• Demonstrate good writing, computer and communication skills
• Maintain up to date electronic laboratory notebook and records as required by Client’s policy.
• Comply with all safety training and good laboratory practices.
Training & Education:
• Minimum qualification BS with 1 + years of experience, relevant to drug discovery in biology, biochemistry, pharmacology, and/or enzymology.
• Prior experience in a laboratory working as part of a team
• Experience with in vitro assay preparation/execution, and cell/tissue culture preferable
• Cell biology experience preferred
• Demonstration of excellent computer, verbal and written communication skills.
No Overtime/No Travel
Academic background in biological science.
Hands on experience working in a biology focused laboratory, preferably in a pharmaceutical/biotechnology environment.
Ability to prepare reagents according to SOPs.
Ability to work as part of a team.
Demonstration of excellent computer, verbal and written communication skills.