Oversees and directs all aspects of the Laboratory Department.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the overall operation of the Laboratory including goal setting and personnel development
- Ensures the quality of raw materials, intermediate products and finished products by overseeing the performing of chemical and physical analysis
- Understands, performs and troubleshoots every test in the lab
- Manages sample loads and laboratory staff, training and coordinating the work of chemists and technicians to provide adequate laboratory services, product quality coordination, technical service and all analytical testing to both internal and external customers
- Manages the continual development of QA/QC (i.e., training, equipment, etc.) for all products produced at the plant
- Develops and manages capital and working budgets
- Manages preventative and corrective maintenance of laboratory equipment
- May be responsible for lab building and peripheral support areas assigned to lab
- May be responsible for release/approval for shipments, and certification that all internal and external customer specifications are met
- May be responsible for maintaining and enforcing company ISO requirements and philosophy throughout the production lab to demonstrate conformance to ISO-9001 and RC14001 certifications, as well as environmental testing in accordance with ODEQ; and compliance with fuels compliance regulations
Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their superior, as needed to support the business.
10 years of laboratory experience, including 5 years of supervisory experience is required.
Working knowledge of refinery operations; supervision of hourly/shift employees.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Science or engineering or equivalent work experience is required.
Ability to lead and direct the work of other associates. High level analytical skills; good understanding of statistics and SPC in lab and product context. Familiarity with analytical equipment and information management systems. Computer literate. Strong communication skills, both verbal and written. Strong background in supervisory and leadership skills.
Current knowledge of petroleum analytical and/or environmental testing. General knowledge of refinery processes, products, etc. Quality Management or Management Systems Training; ISO 9001:2000, and RC 14001. LIMS system, FAMIS, Ariba and Performance evaluation. Overview of Lubricants business.
Responsible for the supervision of approximately 8 - 10 employees. Indirect staff includes 15 – 20 associates.
Office and Laboratory environments
Job conditions may require light lifting, sitting and bending.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
HollyFrontier Corporation is an EEO / Affirmative Action Employer
HollyFrontier Corporation - 8 months ago