JOB OBJECTIVES AND SCOPE
Laboratory Supervisor, Logistics & QA is responsible for data flow and reporting, inventory control of all supplies calibrations and maintenance, overall staff scheduling, and support with NCR’S and Root Cause directives. This position interfaces with direct staff within the laboratory setting on the bench and supervise those that are cross-trained. They integrate with QA in both facilities assuring reporting flow of data meets timelines. This position shows proficiencies in all test methodologies and procedures the Microbiology Laboratory performs for its various facilities. They provide daily operational updates to the manager and ensures high quality customer service for QA and all regulatory agencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Supervises direct reports of cross trained personnel related to human resource activities including merit and bonus reviews, job description updates, and personnel guidance from Laboratory Manager and HR department.
2. Confirms testing is scheduled, logistics of reporting & data flow for generalized laboratory sections.
3. Responsible all purchasing responsibilities, blanket orders, inventory control and assist with budget documentation and cost analyses of test methods.
4. Performs microbial and analytical testing as designated.
5. Supports laboratory settings and interfaces with management team.
6. Oversees NCR’s, Root Cause directives
7. Confirms calibration schedule and maintenance agreements.
8. Confirms laboratory data flow within and between QA departments in each facility.
9. Assists with special projects and performs additional duties as assigned.(exempt)(non-exempt)
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
Bachelors Degree in Microbiology, Biology, or science related field.
Preferred: Master’s or post graduate courses in Microbiology, Biotechnology or Chemistry
6-8 years clinical, analytical or microbiological laboratory experience required.
Preferred: Managerial experience prior to this position within a laboratory setting
Specific Licenses and/or Certifications:
ASCP, CAP or CPA preferred
Specialized Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities*:
In depth knowledge of microbial isolates of concern and analytical methodology required
Preferred: Accounting courses with extensive business or management background a plus.
Capable of lifting 50lbs. Must be capable of driving long distances to meetings, seminars and conference. Must be able to travel 10-20% of time.
Musculoskeletal Transplant Foundation - 6 months ago