Growing and well-respected biomedical (clinical, basic and applied) research firm has openings at USAMRIID . If you are passionate about research, and are looking for a firm that shares your passion, and provides competitive salaries with a strong benefits package, join the ClinicalRM team.
We are currently seeking a Laboratory Technician for the Frederick, MD area.
- Contractor shall provide general and specific technical support of the laboratory research, including standard tasks such as preparation of media and chemical reagents, sterilization of supplies, and maintenance of the laboratory and equipment in a clean, orderly, and safe manner.
- Contractor shall perform standard microbiological manipulations on non-pathogenic and pathogenic bacteria, to include procedures conducted at BL-3 containment.
- Contractor shall perform molecular biological techniques to include: bacterial DNA preparation and sequencing, restriction digests and qualitative and quantitative DNA analyses. Proficiency in other tasks should include: polymerase chain reaction (PCR), DNA restriction fragment analysis, DNA gel electrophoresis, bacterial gene transfer techniques (transformation), and bacterial mutagenesis. Additional tasks will involve: ultracentrifugation, protein gel electrophoresis, and purification of bacterial proteins on liquid chromatographic columns.
- Contractor shall perform immunological assays to include: Western blotting, suspension-labeling of whole bacterial cells with antibody, and immunoprecipitation.
- Contractor shall perform experiments involving small animals (rodents), to include restraint, immunizations, and euthanization.
- Contractor shall participate in training and supervision of technical personnel.
- Contractor shall maintain laboratory records in a neat and orderly fashion and participate/present during group discussion of results when required.
- Maintain a safe workplace ensuring that he/she is aware of and observes appropriate safety and occupational health rules and regulations. Employee is required to attend safety training relative to his/her position and report any infractions of safety procedures to the facility Safety Officer.
- Performs light duties and other related duties as required and assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a biological/chemical science with five or more years’ experience in microbiological and molecular techniques particularly significant experience in animal handling, protein expression/purification, immunological methodologies, DNA techniques, and isolation/proliferation of primary cell lines.
- Due to the importance, volume, and difficulty of this work, considerable laboratory experience, ability to work independently, and capacity to operate a laboratory are essential. Additionally, because of the pathogenic nature of the organism to be studied, ability to execute laboratory techniques with skill, precision, and the utmost attention to safety considerations are imperative.
- Bio-safety Level 2 and Bio-safety Level 3 (BSL 2/3) required.
- Special Immunization Program required for BSL-3 required
- Enrollment in Biosurety Personnel Reliability program (BPRP)
- Must be able to work independently following a brief period of specific technical training
Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Candidates for positions under ClinicalRM’s contracts with the Department of Defense (DoD) will be required to pass one or more background/security investigations conducted by the DoD, U.S. Army, or other Federal Government agency. Such investigations may include criminal records and credit history checks.
ClinicalRM is an Affirmative Action-Equal Opportunity Employer
“NorthCoast 99” Best Places to Work recipient
Clinical Research Management - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard