Biology Central Services is seeking to fill a 12-month Laboratory Technician I (UCP 3) position beginning August 23, 2013. The successful candidate will provide technical support for high volume introductory biology laboratories. Duties will include the preparation of reagents, cleaning and maintenance of laboratory rooms, glassware, equipment, and display materials.
1. Bachelor's degree in biology and 1-year of work related laboratory experience OR equivalent education and experience.
2. Working knowledge of concepts, practices, and standard laboratory procedures in biology, including safety and hazardous waste disposal.
3. Ability to explain laboratory procedures.
1. Preferred areas of strength include: anatomy and physiology, botany, organismal biology and cell biology.
2. Ability to detect departures from the norm and resolve minor technical problems.
3. Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
This is a full-time, 12 month permanent position.
For full consideration: Applicants should submit a well written cover letter, resume, and contact information for three recent professional references via Husky Hire. The University of Connecticut is an EEO/AA employer.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:59 PM eastern on 3/31/2013.
University of Connecticut - 12 months ago