(1,733 fluctuating hours annually)
Position Type: Fluctuating Hourly Employment
Rate: $17.40 per hour
Work Week 1,733 fluctuating annual hours
College/Site Porterville College
Location PC-Main Campus
Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, perform specialized and technical duties to assist in the operation and maintenance of an instructional laboratory.
Benefits: Sick leave, vacation and retirement.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and Disability benefits are voluntary and prorated for less than 40 hour per week employees.
- Operation, preparation and maintenance of an instructional laboratory.
- Principles of science, physics and chemistry.
- Health and safety regulations.
- Principles and practices of providing work direction and training.
- Record-keeping and report preparation techniques.
- Curriculum, goals and objectives of the department.
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Proper methods of storing equipment, materials and supplies.
- Proper methods of hazardous waste disposal.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Technical aspects of field of specialty.
- Operation of a variety of equipment related to the specialized area of assignment including a computer.
Education and Experience
- Perform specialized and technical duties to assure efficient lab operations.
- Provide information and assistance to faculty and staff.
- Properly assemble and store assigned equipment, materials and supplies.
- Issue and receive equipment and supplies.
- Maintain equipment in proper working order.
- Perform light repairs to equipment.
- Perform a variety of chemical balance tests.
- Maintain records related to work performed.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Train and provide work direction to others.
- Assign and review the work of others.
- Meet schedules and time lines.
- Work independently with little direction.
- Operate a variety of equipment related to the specialized area of assignment including a computer.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
Any combination equivalent to:
Associate degree with course work in science, chemistry, physics or a related field and some laboratory experience.
Note: Degrees and credits must be from accredited institutions (Title V Section 53406). Any degree from a country other than the United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be evaluated by an evaluation service.
Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Salary Grade: 39.5
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled, but those received by Thursday, January 10, 2013, 5:00 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time) are assured consideration. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
- Completed Online Application for Employment form
- Current resume
- Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
- Copy of legible transcripts, if applicable
- List of six (6) professional references – Listed on application form
For more information and to apply, visit http://careers.kccd.edu/postings/3289
- 2 years ago - save job