BASF is proud to be an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Laboratory Technician ensures the quality of products by developing, validating and documenting analytical methods and performing physical and chemical analyses of raw materials, in-process and finished products in support of the manufacturing process.
1. Develop, validate and document analytical methods for the analysis of final product primarily utilizing High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC); document the validation of existing or transferred methods as needed.
2. Analyze routine raw material, in-process, and finished good samples using various laboratory techniques including High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC), Near Infrared Spectroscopy (NIR) and other methodology such as particle size analyzer, density meter, etc.
3. Calculate and recommend necessary adjustments to in-process formulations based upon analytical data.
4. Provide timely and accurate documentation of all analytical data according to Standard Operation Procedures (SOP)
5. Routine troubleshooting and maintenance of laboratory equipment.
6. Identify and implement process improvement in laboratory functions.
7. Strict adherence to established quality, safety and environmental standards is required.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
1. Bachelor's Degree (BS) in Chemistry or related science field required.
2. 2 - 5 years’ experience in an Analytical Lab environment.
3. Strong math skills.
4. Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel.
5. Strong knowledge of analytical techniques, understanding of proper chemical handling, use, storage and disposal.
6. Proficiency in laboratory techniques, including but not limited to hands-on use of HPLC and wet Chemistry methods.
1. Experience in microbiological analysis.
2. Experience with Near-infrared spectroscopy (NIR)
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Sparks
Function: QUMA - Quality Mgmt & Assurance
Job Type: Standard
Organization: N-APN-Crop Protection North America
BASF - 20 months ago
BASF is the world’s leading chemical company with about 112,000 employees and close to 370 production sites worldwide we serve...