Sunday, Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday 7:00am - 3:30pm
The incumbent is responsible for performing and reporting laboratory tests. The incumbent is also responsible for the production, quarantine and release of blood or blood products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. May perform immunohematology blood bank procedures.
2. Maintains knowledge of procedures necessary to perform and interpret tests and to generate immunohematology test results. Maintain knowledge of procedures necessary to perform production, quarantine and release of blood products.
3. Performs quality control functions and daily equipment maintenance. Maintains Good Manufacturing Practices.
4. Maintains neat and accurate records and a clean and orderly work area. Recognizes and reports discrepant results or conditions to the supervisor.
5. Performs all duties and responsibilities in compliance with standard operating procedures, Safety Quality Identity Potency Purity (SQUIPP), regulations outlined in the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and other applicable Federal, state and local regulations.
6. Participates and/or assists in laboratory education and training. May serve as a trainer for new hires. Attends continuing education programs.
7. Performs tasks relating to ongoing evaluations and projects as requested.
8. Provides on-call coverage as required. 9. Ensures that customer satisfaction is always given top priority. 10. Performs other related duties as assigned.
1. High School diploma, GED or equivalent, MLT, or minimum 30 credits in college level math and/or science. 2. This position is in OSHA Category I in view of the fact that the position requires the incumbent to work under conditions where the potential exists for the incumbent to make contact with blood or blood components as a result of splashes, spills, and/or needlesticks.
The American Red Cross is where people mobilize to help their neighbors—down the street, across the country, and around the...